Total Balance Fitness/Amanda Cole
1. Type of service offered: one-on-one and small group personal training, including functional strength training; cardiovascular exercise; flexibility training; and fitness, nutrition, and weight loss plan development. The focus is on creating a sustainable healthy lifestyle. Youth age 13-18 can be accepted as clients but must have written and verbal parent/guardian permission. All clients must have permission from their primary care physician.
2. Appointments: Initial session will include interview, history, assessment, and goal setting. Other sessions will be scheduled for 30 minutes, or longer if specified. There are expectations for the client to warm up and cool down before and after the scheduled session.
3. Lateness: If client is late, trainer is not obligated to help client past the scheduled end time. If trainer is late, trainer will stay to finish client’s workout, or extend another session with client. If client is more than 10 minutes late, the session may be canceled at the trainer’s discretion.
4. Cancellations: If cancellation is necessary, please give 24 hours notice or you are charged for the appointment. Emergency cancellations are determined at the trainer’s discretion. Make-up sessions will be provided if a 24-hour cancellation is provided. Make up sessions expire in 3 months. Client will be able to reschedule at no extra fee in the case of the trainer canceling the session for any reason.
5. Finances: Please see rates page for details. For all services, payment is due at the start of each session. Gift certificates are available at the prices listed. Bartering agreements may be available. Sliding scale fee is available for incomes below $25,000/year. Four and eight session packages expire within 3 months of purchase.
6. EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) policies: any changes, holds, or cancellations must give 10 days notice. I charge a $20 fee for any returns or late returns, for any reason including insufficient funds (NSF); account closed; invalid account number; change in account type, account number, or routing number; or for any revoked or unauthorized withdrawals.
7. Procedures: Please wear comfortable clothing that allows movement (no jeans/skirts). Please let the trainer know of your discomfort during a session (i.e. pain in a joint) and be honest about your abilities. Refrain from eating large meals before a session. Please do not answer your cell phone during a session unless an emergency. Any clients not following trainer’s recommendations regarding exercise, hydration, and nutrition, does so at client’s own risk. No use of drugs or alcohol before a session.
8. Illness: If you are sick and may be infectious (contagious), you must either postpone your appointment or call me to discuss the situation. I will do the same for you.
9. Confidentiality: Client information will remain confidential. Legal or ethical obligations may require me to break confidentiality in extreme circumstances.
10. Recourse policy: I am confident that you will be satisfied with your session, but in case you are not, here is the policy. There are no refunds for sessions already used, but sessions purchased and not used yet may be refunded. A third party or mediator can be invited to discuss the situation if need be.
11. Attitude: A respectful and positive attitude is a must! You can do it! To get results is simple: STAY POSITIVE, SHOW UP, WORK HARD, DO YOUR HOMEWORK, and EAT WELL. I will tell you what to do to get there – believe that you can do it and you will achieve more than you ever imagined!